Monday, February 23, 2015

Golden Chariot in the Making

I just couldn't wait any longer! I have been riding this bike to work quite often and I have been saving up a bit to fix it up. I ordered this basket, this spray paint, and this floral wreath from Amazon.com and I have been waiting for their arrival to get started on the project. The basket was shipped so quickly! And staring at it, I just couldn't help myself. The weather was warmer and I had an extra can of gold spray paint around so I figured I might as well just get started now and see how I like the gold.





It came out beautifully! The paint job is a little iffy as I did not have the tools on hand to take the bike apart, but I maneuvered well enough using suran wrap and a piece of cardboard to protect the tires, kickstand, handles, and peddles from being sprayed. There is a bit of gold flakes that blew in the wind on certain spots, but I am okay with this! I stuck some dried flowers in the basket and I'm feeling pretty set to go until I find a new seat, a crate for the back, and have the flower garland for the front. I believe I will still like the copper metallic spray paint the best, but I will still try this color out for now. What do you think about the gold?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...